Join Our Team
We love hearing from qualified people. To apply online, please answer the questions below and click the "Submit" button at the bottom to forward this application to us. We'll review it and be in touch if we feel that you would be a good fit. Thanks for your interest in joining our team!
Feel free to email your resume directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: * indicates required information
Bicycle Sales / Service Tech
compensation: $15.00 – 21.00@ hour “BOE” Sales
employment type: full-time
compensation: $15.00 – 21.00@ hour “BOE” Service
employment type: part-time or full-time
Ted's Bicycles has two positions available!! Come join the friendly full-service family bike shop with over 50 years in the industry and help us improve our 4.9 Google rating.
- Bicycle Mechanic
• Minimum of 1 year (2 years preference) experience in a retail store, or bicycle education through college.
• Previous experience with various bike components, service tools, and machinery.
• Inspect, repair, and service customers' bicycles.
• Provides a high quality level of service to all styles and categories of repairs.
• Ability to learn new techniques for maintaining and repairing bicycles.
• Ability to build all levels of bikes and ability to move or lift a minimum of 80lbs.
• Ability to stand for extended periods.
• Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and customers.
• Have organizational skills and be able to follow written procedures and take notes.
• Performance is measured based on quality, ability to solve complex problems and efficiency.
• Assist in generating bike and accessory sales.
• Interface with the customer to assess service needs.
• Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Bicycle Sales
- Minimum of 1 year (2 years preference) experience in a retail store, or bicycle education through college.
- Generating bike and gear sales.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Listening to customers’ needs.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of merchandise to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced.
- Ability to stand for extended periods. Extensive use of hands, arms and legs for lifting and transporting product and freight.
- Ability to move or lift a minimum of 80lbs.
- Be willing to perform duties throughout the shop.
- Greet customer promptly on entering store and help with all needs in service or sales.
- Exercise judgment and tact and be able to effectively work with all levels within the organization.
- Have organizational skills and be able to follow written procedures and take notes.
- Ordering & receiving.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.